12 reasons why you should consider using a Garden Designer
Calling in a professional garden designer has many advantages over taking on the planning of your garden yourself. Even if you’re familiar with plants and how to grow them, a garden designer can add to the planning and design of your new garden in many ways. For example:-
- Bringing fresh and creative new ideas
- Considering new ways of using your existing spaces and plants
- Coming up with new ways to make difficult areas more manageable eg slopes and shady spots
- Saving money by not spending your money on the wrong things, or seeing possibilities in things you hadn’t spotted
- Making your money stretch further – it’s not always necessary to have a huge budget to make (or at least plan) a beautiful garden. Imagination and a little knowledge is often all that’s necessary
- Bringing together your home and garden into a cohesive, seamless design
- Creating a garden that suits your needs – low or high maintenance, child friendly or super sophisticated!
- Understanding the do’s and don’ts around neighbours, boundaries, and how to avoid disputes
- Having the low down on planning and other legal matters surrounding your build
- Being an independent intermediary you can trust to keep your chosen landscaping contractor on time and delivering to agreed quality standards
- Creating clear plans for landscapers and other professionals (eg specialist fabricators) to work from to achieve the design vision
- Making a garden that is completely unique – to you!
If you’re unsure what you’d like from your garden, or how to achieve what you’re sure you do want, give Chiltern Garden Design a call, today.