12 reasons why you should consider using a Garden Designer
Why use a Garden Designer?
Employing the services of a professional garden designer will enable you to get the garden you’ve always dreamed of. A bespoke garden that truly fits all the needs of you and your family.
A well-designed garden not only adds to your all year round enjoyment of your home’s outside space, but also adds value long term and helps it to become more sale-able if the time comes to move on.
A knowledgeable and qualified garden designer will save you money and help you avoid the many and varied pitfalls of DIY builds which could end up causing you headaches due to unforeseen problems, poor material choices and reduced longevity overall.
Trained in horticulture, spatial design, practical build techniques and graphical visualisations, and able to collaborate professionally with other consultants such as architects, planning consultants and interior designers, a professional garden designer will add value by creating a scheme that is coherent, practical and beautiful, tying together your house with its outside space in a usable and appealing way.
Calling in a professional garden designer has many advantages over taking on the planning of your garden yourself. Even if you’re familiar with plants and how to grow them, a garden designer can add to the planning and design of your new garden in many ways.
- Bringing fresh and creative new ideas
- Considering new ways of using your existing spaces and plants
- Coming up with new ways to make difficult areas more manageable eg slopes and shady spots
- Saving money by not spending your money on the wrong things, or seeing possibilities in things you hadn’t spotted
- Making your money stretch further – it’s not always necessary to have a huge budget to make (or at least plan) a beautiful garden. Imagination and a little knowledge is often all that’s necessary
- Bringing together your home and garden into a cohesive, seamless design
- Creating a garden that suits your needs – low or high maintenance, child friendly or super sophisticated!
- Understanding the do’s and don’ts around neighbours, boundaries, and how to avoid disputes
- Having the low down on planning and other legal matters surrounding your build
- Being an independent intermediary you can trust to keep your chosen landscaping contractor on time and delivering to agreed quality standards
- Creating clear plans for landscapers and other professionals (eg specialist fabricators) to work from to achieve the design vision
- Making a garden that is completely unique – to you!
Actually, having just written that and read it back, we’ve just thought of a few more reasons to add!
Working seamlessly with other design professionals like architects and interior designers to ensure an extension or rebuild project works for you and your family from inside to out, future proofing your garden by capturing and reusing rainwater to water your garden, or even visualising your garden with lighting in the evening before you invest. The benefits are endless.
If you’re unsure what you’d like from your garden, or how to achieve what you’re sure you do want, give Chiltern Garden Design a call, today.
Revitalise your outdoor space into a stunning haven with the assistance of Chiltern Garden Design.
Get in touch today to make your garden dreams into reality!Call Us Today